Helen Thomas the now former hanging prune of the White house press core gets her due at last. Helen Thomas goes quietly into the sunset as a well dried out plum. Helen’s speaking agent dropped her, and her employer Hearst forced her to resign, as did the White House Press corp.
It seems we do have some semblance of decency left in the establishment, but the story was buried in the lame stream media; for exposing Helen Thomas in such venerable newspapers as the New York Times and the Washington Post might expose some truths which most of the liberal media would secretly agree with Helen Thomas but it is just not quite politically correct to be so public about it like she was. The power of the Internet and the ability to lead on important stories like this is a blessing for free speech and what is left of our freedoms in America. Our president is trying to reverse this but that is for another article.
Let us look more closely as to the whole concept of being “Pro Palestine” and its agenda. The facts are very clear if one chooses to look at the facts instead of the propaganda.
1. There was never in history a country called Palestine or an ethnic group called Palestinian until 1974. Arabs living in Israel, Jordan, Gaza or Judea/Samaria (West Bank) never referred to themselves as Palestinian until after the Yom Kippur War. The only people prior to 1974 who were referred to as Palestinian were the Jews who lived under the Palestine mandate prior to 1948.
2. Prior to the 6-day war in 1967 all Arabs living in Gaza called themselves Egyptian and those living on the West Bank were Jordanian and were entitled or possessed passports for those countries.
3. Any country securing land in a defensive war; that land is not considered occupied under international law. The land was secured from Jordan and Egypt in the 1967 6 day war, who many years later renounced their claim to those territories. Israel now owns those territories based on international law (though they do not fully claim them) and the creation of a Palestinian state is their prerogative and no one else’s whether one agrees or disagrees with such a policy.
4. Helen Thomas epitomizes the real truth of the left’s agenda as well a that of the Arab lobby in revealing the true nature of the conflict, which is Jew hatred. The concept of a land dispute is to con the world into believing that Palestinian nationhood and freedom is the reason for the dispute. It is also a useful way of playing on the guilt of Jewish people who are predominantly of left wing thinking.
5. If you study the facts of the history of the conflict it is based on hatred of Jews and the culture and teachings of Islam. In both conflicts of 1948 and 1967 the chants from the street were to “Kill the Jews.” If we look at the video shown on Al Jazeera prior to the Gaza Flotilla incident we hear the same rhetoric, if we listen to the audio response to the Israeli Navy when they intercepted the boats of the Gaza Flotilla we heard the same Jew hating expletives. No non-Muslim country can be tolerated in what Muslims regard as there sphere of influence.
Helen Thomas provides you with the true feeling and thinking of people on the left who are “pro Palestinian” including Jews by birth who are also of the same view. As far as I am concerned they are Jews who are descendants of the few who escaped destruction after the incident of the Golden Calf in the Bible. Let us just call a spade a spade. I thought it was just us conservative tea baggers who are the bigots!
To put it simply, a two state solution is a suicide solution. People who propose such are at best naïve and at worst Helen Thomas types. Do not kid yourselves, the Helen Thomas types are much more common than you think. Up to now they have kept their true feelings to their chest or at dinner parties with their fellow leftists. Now that the anti Semitic fervor is on the rise again in the world, they will feel more comfortable coming out of the closet.
Helen Thomas thought the time was right now, but fortunately her bigotry is not quite as politically correct yet in this country, and long may it stay that way.