by Keith Davies political commentator
Ed Miliband is the Labour leader, the opposition party in Britain and would be the prime minister of UK if Labour wins the next general election. He is also Jewish and another embarrassment to what it is to be a Jew. The first High Commisioner of Palestine was Sir Herbert Samuel also a Jew who pardoned the Grand Mufti Haj Amin Husseini and allowed him to continue to cause trouble in Mandatory Palestine. Secular Jews in power in non Jewish countries always go out of their way to help the enemies of the Jewish people just so they don’t look biased to the non Jew. Here is a prime example.
Miliband based on the citations in article below either has no clue of the situation or who Hamas is or he does and is a Self Hating Jew, in my view it is the latter. For those that do not know the agenda of Hamas let me educate you: it is actually worse than Hitler and the Nazis. As brutal as the Nazis were they never deliberatley put their own people in harms way to make political propaganda. Britain and the Allies in World War Two would only accept unconditional surender from the Nazis. Britain carpet bombed Dresden, Cologne, Frankfurt and other German cities, so why is Israel held to a different standard than Britian. The answer is easy, Jew Hate!
Miliband comes out against Israeli incursion as strikes hit mosques and stadium in Gaza
Ed Miliband has said that he opposes Israel’s ground invasion of Gaza, opening up a foreign policy gap between Labour and the Conservatives.
“We oppose the Israeli incursion into Gaza,” said Mr Miliband, during a visit to Washington.
The Labour leader said that the Middle East crisis was one of the subjects discussed when he met President Obama and Susan Rice, the US national security adviser, at the White House yesterday.
Israel has ignored calls by the United States and United Nations to stop its attacks on Gaza, and today launched 70 pre-dawn airstrikes that hit five mosques, a sports stadium and the home of the late Hamas military chief.
In a statement to MPs yesterday, David Cameron made plain that while he felt “grave concern” at the deaths of Palestinian and Israeli civilians, he held Hamas responsible for the current crisis and he defended Israel’s right to defend itself against an “unprecedented barrage” of rocket attacks.
Mr Miliband differed, telling the Huffington Post that in his view the Gaza invasion would undermine Israel in the eyes of the international community, and whip up support for Hamas.
“I don’t think it will help win Israel friends,” he said.
“I don’t think this will make the situation better. I fear it will make it worse.”
Mr Miliband said that the violence was partly the result of the collapse of peace talks, and the growth of illegal Israeli settlements in the West Bank.
“What this horrendous, terrible last few weeks has shown is the vacuum of not having a process is incredibly dangerous,” he said.
“That vacuum means any restraint breaks down. And so you’ve got to restart a [peace] process.”
Ban Ki Moon, the UN secretary-general, and John Kerry, the US secretary of state, today met in Cairo to launch the highest-level push yet to end two weeks of Israel-Hamas fighting.
Speaking before his meeting with Mr Ban, Mr Kerry said: “We will work to see if there is some way to not only arrive at a ceasefire of some kind but to get to a discussion about the underlying issues.
“Nothing will be resolved by any ceasefire, temporary or long, without really getting to those issues at some point and that’s what we need to do.”
He said that the US would be sending $47 million in aid to Gaza “to alleviate some of the immediate humanitarian crisis”.
So far 570 Palestinian and 29 Israeli lives have been lost in the latest conflict.
In Israel, the army said two more soldiers were killed in clashes with Hamas fighters, bringing the number of troops killed since July 8 to 27. Two Israeli civilians have also been killed.
The UN has said a majority of the Palestinians killed were civilians, among them dozens of children.
On Monday a family of nine died in a strike on their home in the southern Gaza city of Rafah: seven children and their parents. Another four children were among eight people killed in a strike on a family home in Gaza City shortly after the hospital was hit.
The spiralling civilian death toll has spurred international calls for the fighting to end. At an emergency meeting yesterday, the UN Security Council called for the “immediate cessation of hostilities,” a demand echoed by President Obama in a phone call to Israel’s prime minister Binyamin Netanyahu.
The UN, the US, Egypt and Israel back an unconditional ceasefire followed by talks, but Hamas says it will not lay down its weapons until Israel agrees to end the blockade which has destroyed the besieged coastal territory’s economy.
“We cannot go back, we cannot go back to the silent death” of the blockade, said Ismail Haniyeh, Hamas’s senior leader in Gaza.
He claimed the territory’s 1.7 million people shared Hamas’s goal of forcing Israel and Egypt to lift the blockade: “Gaza has decided to end the blockade by its blood and by its courage.”
Mr Netanyahu accused Hamas of seeking civilian casualties to use “telegenic Palestinian dead” for propaganda purposes, and criticised the group for rejecting ceasefire proposals.
Hundreds of residents could be seen streaming from their homes in the northern town of Beit Hanoun after a night of heavy shelling, joining 100,000 others now sheltering in UN schools and other buildings across Gaza.
“It seems we are heading towards a massacre in Beit Hanoun,” Abu Ahmed, a resident said. “It was a night of horror.”
Thousands fled the eastern Gaza neighbourhood of Shejaiya on Sunday after an intense bombardment from Israeli troops moving in to the area to dismantle a subterranean network of Hamas tunnels, meeting heavy resistance from fighters.
The bombardment reduced much of the neighbourhood to rubble, with charred and mangled bodies left lying in the street as the shelling went on, with ambulances and rescue workers unable to reach them.
Yesterday’s death toll included 11 bodies pulled from the rubble there, most of them women, according to medical workers.
Israel has said its ground operation is aimed at a labyrinth of tunnels built by Hamas beneath residential neighbourhoods in Gaza to store weapons, launch rocket attacks against Israel and infiltrate its territory from underground.
Yesterday, Israel said it had thwarted two more infiltration attempts, killing ten militants in airstrikes and engagement by ground troops as they emerged on the Israeli side of the Gaza border.
While Israel has been studying the tunnel network for over a year, military officials say the labyrinth that troops have discovered is far more sophisticated and extensive than they had previously thought.
Mounting calls for a ceasefire could put pressure on Israel to halt its operation before it is able to destroy all or most of them.
Moshe Yaalon, Israel’s defence minister, suggested that the mission could be accomplished within days, but added that it would continue for “as long as necessary”.
Dan Shapiro, the US ambassador to Israel, said Washington understood Israel’s need to destroy the tunnels for its self-defence but was increasingly concerned about the number of dead and wounded. “Start with a ceasefire and only after hold discussions on the problems at the base of the crisis,” he told Israel Radio.
That may not be enough of a guarantee for Hamas, nor for some of Mr Netanyahu’s right-wing partners, who are urging the military to “go all the way”.
“This is not the time to talk of a ceasefire,” Gilad Erdan, a right-wing minister in Israel’s security cabinet, told reporters as he visited wounded troops in hospital. “We must complete the mission, and the mission cannot end until the threat of the tunnels is removed.”
Hamas received a message of support yesterday from the Lebanese militia, Hezbollah, despite the continuing dispute over their differing loyalties in the Syrian civil war. Hassan Nasrallah, the Hezbollah leader, called Khalid Meshaal, the exiled Hamas chief, to express solidarity and offer his organisation‘s cooperation in the “resistance” against Israel.
The Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas issued a joint appeal with Mr Meshaal after a meeting in Qatar on Sunday to discuss a truce in Gaza.
They called for “an end to the Israeli aggression and a lifting of the blockade” on Hamas-controlled territory. They also agreed that “all Palestinian factions should work as a team towards a ceasefire,” according to Azzam al-Ahmed, an official of Mr Abbas’s Fatah party. “It was agreed that there should be a ceasefire first” and then comprehensive discussions towards “a final peace agreement,” he said.