There was a massacre in Burkina Faso. Islamic terrorists blocked the roads, butchered those trying to escape, entered homes and executed the men, as we read in Le Monde:
Oussou (the first name has been changed) thanks heaven for still being alive, but searches in vain for the traces of his relatives, who have disappeared since the deadly attack which hit his commune on the night of June 11 to 12. That evening, the town of Seytenga, in northeastern Burkina Faso , was surrounded by dozens of heavily armed men, affiliated, according to several security sources, with the Islamic State organization in the Greater Sahara. (EIGS).
Around “4 or 5 p.m.”, when the first shots rang out, Oussou managed to flee and watched helplessly from afar as the jihadist noose tightened. “They blocked all the exits from the city and killed all those who tried to escape”, says the survivor, now a refugee, like more than 3,100 other people, in the city of Dori, capital of the province. du Séno, 47 kilometers from Seytenga. “Then they opened the doors of the houses one by one and executed all the men they found,” continues the 30-year-old Burkinabé, still in shock after this attack from which he narrowly escaped. It was one of the deadliest assaults sincethe coup by putschist Lieutenant-Colonel Paul-Henri Sandaogo Damiba on January 24 .
“So far, 50 bodies have been found by the army,” government spokesman Lionel Bilgo said at a press conference held Monday in Ougadougou, the capital, before warning that this assessment was “maybe heavier”. Several security sources, both Burkinabe and international, contacted by Le Monde speak of a “massacre” that resulted in the death of at least 100 people.