By BI: He will also invalidate Obama’s executive orders on illegal immigration. Real immigration reform puts the needs of working people first – not wealthy globetrotting donors. We are the only country in the world whose immigration system puts the needs of other nations ahead of our own. Here are the three core principles of real immigration reform:
1. A nation without borders is not a nation. There must be a wall across the southern border.
2. A nation without laws is not a nation. Laws passed in accordance with our Constitutional system of government must be enforced.
3. A nation that does not serve its own citizens is not a nation. Any immigration plan must improve jobs, wages and security for all Americans.
* Make Mexico Pay For The Wall
* Triple the number of ICE officers. Since 9-11, the U.S. Border Patrol has tripled in size, while ICE’s immigration enforcement arm, Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO), has remained at relatively the same size. This will be funded by eliminating tax credit payments to illegal immigrants.
* Nationwide e-verify. This simple measure will protect jobs for unemployed Americans.
* Mandatory return of all criminal aliens to their home countries.
* Detention—not catch-and-release. Illegal aliens apprehended crossing the border must be detained until they are sent home, no more catch-and-release.
* Defund sanctuary cities. Cut-off federal grants to any city which refuses to cooperate with federal law enforcement.
* Enhanced penalties for overstaying a visa. Completion of a visa tracking system – required by law but blocked by lobbyists – will be necessary
* Cooperate with local police gang task forces. ICE officers should accompany local police departments conducting raids of violent street gangs like MS-13 and the 18th street gang, which have terrorized the country. All illegal aliens in gangs should be apprehended and deported.
* End birthright citizenship. This remains the biggest magnet for illegal immigration.
* Increase prevailing wage for H-1Bs. Raising the prevailing wage paid to H-1Bs will force companies to give these coveted entry-level jobs to the existing domestic pool of unemployed native and immigrant workers in the U.S., instead of flying in cheaper workers from overseas.
* Requirement to hire American workers first.
* End welfare abuse. Applicants for entry to the United States should be required to certify that they can pay for their own housing, healthcare and other needs before coming to the U.S.
* Jobs program for inner city youth. The J-1 visa jobs program for foreign youth will be terminated and replaced with a resume bank for inner city youth.
* Refugee program for American children. Increase standards for the admission of refugees and asylum-seekers to crack down on abuses. Use the monies saved on expensive refugee programs to help place American children without parents in safer homes and communities.
* Immigration moderation. Before any new green cards are issued to foreign workers abroad, there will be a pause where employers will have to hire from the domestic pool of unemployed immigrant and native workers.
Read the whole position statement HERE