By BI: Some 100 North African Muslim potential jihadis whose presence in a small town near Treviso sparked two days of protests from local residents and anti-Islam activists were bused Friday to a former barracks located between Treviso and Casier.
ANSA Police on Friday clashed with a group of protestors who had set up a road block against the arrival of a group of Muslim illegals in a northern suburb of Rome as they broke through the cordon. The police responded with a baton charge after coming under a barrage of objects at Casale San Nicola, including sun umbrellas and chairs.
ANSA Their respective mayors, Giovanni Manildo and Miriam Giuriati, met with area residents prior to the transfer and explained that authorities would guarantee security and keep the peace. The area is manned by law enforcement and local police patrols.
The group of 101 illegals hosted at a residence in the town of Quinto di Treviso, near Treviso, were moved after two days of protests by a group of locals and anti-Islamization patriots of the Forza Nuova group.
They burned mattresses intended to be used by the illegal invaders, and workers from a cooperative tasked with providing the Muslim illegals with ‘halal’ food were denied access.
Veneto Governor Luca Zaia, who is from the anti-immigrant, anti-euro Northern League party, alleged the Muslims’ presence was part of a process of “Africanization” of the region.
Earlier on Friday, Rome Prefect Franco Gabrielli said that the road block would be cleared and the transfer would go ahead as planned. “We have sent 19 people who must stay in Casale San Nicola and there is a road block of citizens who do not allow them in,” Gabrielli said. “At the moment they (the refugees) are in vehicles but they will enter the centre because we’ll remove the block. We won’t take any steps back.”