Sometimes all you have to do is give them the rope and they will hang themselves.
Justin Bouma sent a letter with “white powder” to a mosque with “Islamophobic” threats in it, and he claimed on August 11 to media it was a “hate crime.” Now pending further investigation he has been arrested and also indicted the Imam and the mosque in a conspiracy to “commit terroristic acts” in what was a failed Muslim sympathy hoax:
An Oklahoma City man was charged Wednesday with a felony after he allegedly sent a threatening letter to a mosque containing a white powder meant to be mistaken for anthrax.
Justin William Bouma, 32, was charged in Oklahoma County District Court with the rarely filed felony count known as the crime of terrorist hoax. Bouma also was charged with one misdemeanor count of malicious injury and destruction of property.
Prosecutors allege Bouma sent the letter to the Islamic Society of Greater Oklahoma City on June 1. The imam at the mosque, 3815 N St. Clair Ave., contacted the FBI after opening it.
After testing the powder, the Oklahoma City Fire Department determined it was harmless. Police reported the powder was potassium perchlorate. (source)
Not only this, but what makes this story most amazing was something the media did not pick up on: the chemical used was potassium perchlorate.
For those chemistry people or people who love fireworks, you would know that Potassium Perchlorate is not an easy chemical to buy. It can be made at home by the electrolysis of bleach, but that takes a LOT of time, energy, electricity, and is potentially dangerous. You can buy it online, but it is not cheap, you cannot usually buy a lot, and honestly, unless you are interested in chemistry, there really is no practical household use for potassium perchlorate.
Potassium Perchlorate basically has three uses: flash power in old cameras (19th and early 20th century), fireworks, and improvised plastic explosives and flashbang grenades used by terrorist groups.
Well, if mosques are “community centers,” as Muslims so often claim, perhaps it was mistakenly left there by the local vintage photographers club…