Former CIA Director, Admitted Liar And Secretary Of State Tells America To ‘Trust Him’ That Iran Attacked Oil Tankers Near Oman

Mike Pompeo is the Secretary of State and former CIA Director. He has admitted that his job was to hire people to lie, cheat, and steal. He has also met in private with unnamed representatives of foreign governments.

Now, at a time when the US has been driving a war with Iran- one that Iran does not want because as we and many others have explained it cannot win -is telling the public to ‘trust him’ that Iran really attacked for the second time two tankers near Oman just as Iran was furthering oil export trade with the US ally of Japan:

Two tankers were attacked Thursday near the strategic Strait of Hormuz — the second time in a month that tankers have been seriously damaged in the region and again the U.S. has pointed the finger of blame at Iran.

Speaking Thursday afternoon in Washington, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said it was, “the assessment of the United States government that the Islamic Republic of Iran is responsible for the attacks that occurred in the gulf of Oman today. This assessment is based on intelligence, the weapons used, the level of expertise needed to execute the operation, recent similar Iranian attacks on shipping and the fact that no proxy group operating in the area has the resources and proficiency to act with such a high degree of sophistication.”

Pompeo said U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Jonathan Cohen would raise the issue at a hastily called meeting of the Security Council on Thursday. The United States mission to the U.N. requested the Security Council hold closed-door consultations Thursday on the situation in the Middle East.

Thursday’s attack near the vital shipping channel of the Strait of Hormuz was “only the latest in a series of attacks started by Iran and its surrogates against American and allied interests” aimed at “escalating tension,” Pompeo said. “On April 22nd, Iran promised the world it would interrupt the flow of oil through the Strait of Hormuz. It is now working to execute on that promise.”

He said the United States would defend its forces and interests in the region but gave no specifics about any plans for retaliation, and he took no questions.

A U.S. defense official earlier dismissed an Iranian claim to have rescued the crews of both vessels in the Gulf of Oman as “patently false.” He said the USS Bainbridge picked up 21 crew members.

Iran claimed it dispatched search teams that rescued 44 sailors from the two vessels.

A U.S. defense official told CBS News national security correspondent David Martin that he had seen reports that members of one of the tanker crews believed they were hit by a torpedo or a mine, but that he couldn’t confirm those reports.

A U.S. official told Martin that American authorities expected to recover sufficient debris from the attacks to be able to trace them back to their source. The official said any retaliation from the U.S. would depend on the evidence found linking the attacks to Iran, and on the attitudes of other Gulf countries. After four tankers were attacked last month Saudi Arabia had no appetite for retaliation. That has changed, the official said.

U.S. officials pushed back against Iranian claims to have rescued crew members. According to U.S. officials, the crewmen Iran “rescued” were given no choice about boarding an Iranian vessel. At last report, they were still in Iranian hands.

The attacks come amid heightened tension between Washington and Tehran, and the timing is sensitive; it came as the Japanese leader was visiting Iran to try and rekindle diplomacy to ease the standoff. Japan’s Trade Ministry said the two vessels struck on Thursday were carrying “Japan-related cargo.”

Iran’s foreign minister described the attacks as beyond suspicious, given the timing with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe meeing in Tehran with Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

“Suspicious doesn’t begin to describe what likely transpired this morning,” Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said in a tweet. He didn’t elaborate.

On Wednesday, after talks with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, Abe had warned that an “accidental conflict” could be sparked amid the heightened U.S.-Iran tensions, which he said must be avoided. His message came just hours after Yemen’s Iranian-backed Houthi rebels attacked a Saudi airport, striking the arrivals hall before dawn and wounding 26 people Wednesday.

Tensions have escalated in the Mideast as Iran appears poised to break the 2015 nuclear deal with world powers, an accord the Trump administration first unilaterally backed out of last year.

Khamenei, meanwhile, reiterated his regime’s long-standing insistence that it does not seek to obtain nuclear weapons, but he added that “America could not do anything” to stop Iran if it did.

The latest incidents come after the U.S. alleged that Iran used mines to attack four oil tankers off the nearby Emirati port of Fujairah last month. Iran has denied involvement, but it comes as Iranian-backed rebels in Yemen also have launched missile and drone attacks on Saudi Arabia.

Benchmark Brent crude spiked at one point by as much 4% in trading after the reported attack to over $62 a barrel, highlighting how crucial the Strait of Hormuz is to global energy supplies. A third of all oil traded by sea passes through the strait, which is the narrow mouth of the Persian Gulf.

The attacks
Cmdr. Joshua Frey, a spokesman for the U.S. Navy’s 5th Fleet, said American ships were assisting the two vessels, which he described as being hit in a “reported attack.” He did not say how the ships were attacked or who was suspected of being behind the assault.

The Norwegian shipping firm Frontline confirmed Thursday that one of its tankers, the Front Altair, was in flames after an incident in the Gulf of Oman, according to Reuters. It cited the Norwegian newspaper VG, which quoted a company spokesman. The spokesman said all 23 crew members were taken onto a nearby vessel.

Dryad Global, a maritime intelligence firm, said the Front Altair was “on fire and adrift.”

Reuters also quoted a senior official of Taiwanese state oil refiner CPC Corp as saying the Front Altair, a tanker chartered by CPC to carry fuel from the Middle East, was apparently hit by a torpedo.

Front Altair had been loaded at a port in the Gulf with naptha, a petroleum product, and was on its way to the Far East.

Separately, a spokesman for BSM Ship Management told Reuters one of the vessels it manages, the Kokuka Courageous, was damaged in “a security incident” in the Gulf of Oman on Thursday. He said all 21 crew members abandoned ship and were quickly rescued, adding that the incident damaged the ship’s starboard hull.

“The Kokuka Courageous remains in the area and is not in any danger of sinking. The cargo of methanol is intact,” Reuters quoted the spokesman as saying.

Reuters reported that a shipping broker said there was an explosion “suspected from an outside attack” on the Kokuka Courageous – and it may have involved a magnetic mine. Japanese shipping firm Kokuka Sangyo, the vessel’s owner, said it was struck twice in three hours, Reuters added.

The United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations, a maritime safety group run by the British navy, first put out the alert early Thursday, giving coordinates for the incident some 25 miles off the Iranian coastline. (source, source)

The US wants a war with Iran, and it does not appear that she is attempting to hide well her desire to get it.

A war with Iran likely means a Trump presidential victory for 2020, as well as the realization of a further geopolitical goal aimed at the surrounding and cutting off of Russia from the rest of the world, which is a natural lead up to a major global war.

Click Here To Donate To Keep This Website Going

CLICK HERE TO FOLLOW OUR NEW SHOEBAT FACEBOOK PAGE

print

CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO KEEP THIS WEBSITE GOING