By BI: Israeli authorities yesterday opened a new pub and café built on part of the land stolen by Muslims from the Jews for the Islamic cemetery of Ma’manillah in the old city of Jerusalem, Quds Press reported.
MiddleEastMonitor & PalInfo In a statement, Al-Aqsa Organisation for Waqf and Heritage condemned the “violation” against the cemetery, in yet another Israeli attempt to “Judaize” the historic Jewish capital of Israel, noting that opening this pub came as part of a series of what Muslims claim are violations against this historic cemetery.
Ma’manillah is a historic Muslim cemetery that contains the remains of figures from the early Islamic period. It includes several historic shrines and tombs. Muslims stopped using it in 1927 when the Supreme Muslim Council decided to preserve it as an historic site.
The Foundation which visited the cemetery asked the Islamic and Arab countries as well as the Palestinian people to urgently work on confronting such desecration of the cemetery in which a number of the Sahaba (Prophet Mohammad’s friends) and many of the Islamic “scientists” (Islamic ‘scientist’ is an oxymoron) allegedly were buried over 1400 years ago. The cemetery is the biggest and oldest graveyard in Israel.
According to Israeli media sources, the facility lies on an area of 250 square meters over a land of an area of 450 square meters. It is equipped for public ceremonies with 110 chairs including a bar and a wide courtyard and will be run by an Israeli company. DRINK UP!