By Theodore Shoebat
Muslim terrorists in Libya slaughtered forty seven people in a major Islamic terrorist attack, and what is the most destructive incursion since the downfall Gaddafi. According to one report:
The attack, which has been labelled the worst since the fall of Muammar Gaddafi, took place as around 400 hundred police and coastguard cadets gathered for their morning meeting in the town of Zliten.
The town lies between the capital Tripoli and the port of Misrata.
“It was horrific, the explosion was so loud it was heard from miles away,” Mayor Miftah Hamadi told Reuters by telephone. “All the victims were young, and all about to start their lives.”
According to Reuters, the charred remains of a vehicle lay strewn across the ground near the police academy building and parked cars were mangled by the force of the blast.
Witnesses said residents ferried victims to Misrata hospitals in ambulances and cars, many with shrapnel wounds and some bodies too damaged to be identified.
Medical sources initially said 65 people had been killed, including some civilians. But Fozi Awnais, head of the crisis committee for the health ministry in Tripoli, said later that 47 people had died and 118 more were wounded.
The attack was not immediately claimed by a group, however suicide blasts and car bombings have increased in Libya as Islamist militants have taken advantage of the North African country’s chaos to expand their presence.
Thursday’s bombing follows a number of truck bombings in Misrata and further east claimed by ISIS.