By Theodore Shoebat
The horrors of Islamist Azeri occupied Nagorno-Karabakh continue on. Last night we reported on beheadings of Armenian civilians by Azeri troops. Now it is being reported that as many as 100 Armenian soldiers have been captured by Azeris. As we read in BBC:
Armenians have protested after reports that as many as 100 soldiers were seized by Azerbaijani forces in Nagorno-Karabakh.
They were captured weeks after a war in which at least 5,000 servicemen died and Azerbaijan made territorial gains.
Karabakh is internationally recognised as part of Azerbaijan but is under Armenian control.
The recent conflict was brought to an end by a Russian-mediated peace deal, but clashes have broken out again.
As part of the agreement, Armenia handed three areas over to Azerbaijan and the flare-up took pace in one of them, a southern area of Karabakh.
The exact number of captured soldiers is unclear but reports range from 60 to as many as 160, seized as part of an Azerbaijani “anti-terror” operation. Several videos posted online appeared to show captured soldiers.
On Tuesday night, Karabakh’s defence ministry said contact had been lost with a number of military posts. The defence ministry in Azerbaijan has refused to discuss the matter with the BBC.
Anger spread as videos emerged on social media in Azerbaijan, and Nagorno-Karabakh human rights ombudsman Artak Beglaryan said it was highly likely that captive Armenian soldiers were featured in the footage. He put the number missing at around 60.